Guest Blog by: Natalie Jones of homeownerbliss.info
Moving takes a lot of work, especially when you’re trying to sell your house and look for a new one at the same time. One step you can’t afford to skip is staging your house to look its best. Not only will staging attract buyers to your listing, but it may also help your home sell more quickly. Below, find resources for staging your home like a pro and making it stand out online.
Why Stage Your Home?
Staging can be a lot of work, but if you do it right, it’ll pay off. Here are a few benefits of staging your home.
- A staged home may get a higher offer compared to similar, non-staged homes.
- Market research shows that your home may also sell faster if it’s staged.
- Even simple changes can make your home look new.
- Staging also helps you declutter and get rid of stuff, which makes moving easier.
Home Staging Basics
Staging a home involves rearranging and changing up your decor in order to make it appeal to the widest number of buyers possible. This can be achieved in a few different ways.
- Deep cleaning every room can make your home sparkle and look more inviting.
- Repainting your walls to a light, neutral color will help it look like a blank slate.
- Removing personal items will help buyers picture themselves living in your home.
- Clearing countertops and removing extra stuff will make your space look bigger.
- Resolving repair issues will give buyers confidence that everything’s in working order.
Making Your Home Shine Online
When your home is staged, it will be a lot easier to showcase its best attributes online. These tips can help you make effective photo and video tours.
- Take enough photos to give buyers a true sense of your home.
- Shoot during the day to take advantage of natural lighting.
- Including a pre-recorded video walkthrough can enhance your listing too.
- Be flexible by offering buyers a live video tour of your home.
- If you don’t have good equipment or skills, it pays off to opt for professional help.
Whether you offer in-person or virtual tours, having your home clean and organized will help it look its absolute best. Staging a home takes some time and effort, but given that it can help your home sell, it’s all worth it in the end.